Medical Benefits of Massage Therapy
Relax Awhile has been in business since 2009. Mickey Butler is the owner and licensed massage therapist. She offers an atmosphere from calm and relaxing, to listening when clients need to talk. Mickey offers several types of massage to meet her patients needs.
Types of massage Mickey offers at Relax Awhile Therapeutic Massage:
- Swedish - is the light to medium pressure that helps relieve stress, reduce pain, boost mood and promote relaxation.
- Deep Tissue - is similar to Swedish massage, but the technique focuses on the deepest layer of muscles to target knots and release chronic muscle tension.
- Prenatal - an ideal therapeutic choice for prenatal care, each massage differs based on your individual needs and requests.
- Reflexology - applies pressure to areas in the hands and feet called “reflex zones”, which relieves stress, addresses conditions of the feet and ankle and promotes overall relaxation.
- Sports Massage - for athletes of every kind, each therapeutic massage is specific to your sport of choice, with focus on a particular troublesome area such as a knee or shoulder.
- Chinese Cupping - is known to help activate the lymphatic system, promote blood circulation, and is good for deep tissue repair.
The newest addition is Thermal Palms, which is a soft alternative to hot stones. The soft sachets are heated, and move continuously over the body and bony areas. This promotes a deeper muscular response which blocks the pain signals to the brain. This also helps promote less pain the day after a massage when deeper muscle work has been performed.
The Thermal Palms modality is perfect for people with anxiety, stress, fibromyalgia, and arthritis. The increased circulation promotes a relief from some of these symptoms and promotes a sense of well being.